Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Motta Rice

 I bought 10 Kg rice bag yesterday and drived home happily as I bought it in a good deal for 2.5 KD. Today morning I switched on the electric cooker and started my routine. I was happy that am going to have home made food for lunch for the first time and with that happiness I finished of things and came with the lunch box cleaned to pack up. To my surprise I found some thing went wrong in cooking procedure. I was frightened for a while on looking at the cooked rice. It was much much bigger like a house fly. Later I checked the rice bag and found out that I bought Kerala rice (Motta). Now donno what to do....? Every time I look at it, its scaring me....  With great difficulty I ate it with Butter Milk.



There are two basic types of rice available in Kuwait, Basmathi (Bariq) & Motta. Motta rice looks like ration rice.. like butter beans... Have to check carefully before buying. 

2 comments: